Meet: The Colonial Revival House. No, this house isn’t a 19th-century home, it’s actually new construction. Our goal for this project was to create a home that was packed with old, english charm. Follow along as we share some of our favorite spaces and dish on all of the sources and details.
The Living Room
We shot this home back in December so of course it was holiday inspired. We designed a wood mantle with dentil moulding and a marble surround. To create even more of a statement we painted the mantle and ceiling the same color. We also customized the staircase with a more-traditional, over-the-post style railing and patterned runner.
This house did not call for your basic, white-color cabinets, so we went with a custom color in the guest bathroom and a red-oak stain the master. Both spaces included extra detail with trim or tile to add character.
The entry of this home is a long, blank hallway so we dressed it up with a pre-curated gallery wall, blue door, historic lantern and a jute runner for texture. This exact bench was made by my dad but I found a nearly identical one below!
This mudroom is one of our all-time favorites. The soft-white color, peg hooks, bead board and built-in cabinet storage completed this colonial look.
- Interior Walls: Alabaster by Sherwin Williams
- Interior Trim: Extra White by Sherwin Williams
- Guest Bathroom Vanity: Jogging Path by Sherwin Williams
- Mudroom Built-ins: Schoolhouse White by Farrow and Ball
- Fireplace Surround + Ceiling: Natural Cream by Benjamin Moore
- Front Door: Blue Note by Benjamin Moore
- Misterio by Vicostone
- Master Bathroom: Marquis Red Oak Frontier
- Wood Floor: Laguna, Color: Monte Beach
- Master Bathroom Tile: 12×24 Florstar Union, Color: Graphite
- Mudroom Tile: 12×24 Florstar Union, Color: Graphite
- Guest Bathroom Tile: Capella Brick, Color: Taupe
- Stair Runner: Andersen Tuftex Madera, Color: Stately Gray