Welcome to our 13th St. project—a cozy, European-inspired home. This project wrapped well over a year ago but we’re excited to finally be spilling all of the pretty details. We absolutely loved working with these homeowners. They really trusted us to try the new ideas we had and well, we think it turned out even better than imagined. This particular home includes one of our most-asked about designs we’ve ever created, the fireplace. Keep reading for the details.
This was one of our first European-inspired exteriors we designed in 2019. We wanted a romantic, cottage vibe so we created a custom stone combination with a thicker, white over-grout. We mixed a soft tan, green color for the shutters and garage doors (Jogging Path by SW) with the warm white body color (Swiss Coffee by BM). The front door stain is Aged Oak by Minwax.
The Living Room
These homeowners wanted clean, white built-ins, so we warmed them up with a soft, stone blend, white oak floors and medium-stained, white-oak beams in the ceiling. The particular stone is a custom mix we perfected with three different manufactured stones, along with a white over-grout. For more information on this stone, please contact Centurion Stone of Iowa.
We kept the kitchen clean and traditional with white subway tile, lantern pendants, iron cabinet hardware and a stained island. We added in texture with the frosted glass pantry doors, woven stools and a few of our favorite vintage finds.
The Master Bathroom
The master bathroom is a bright and airy, spa-inspired space. We elevated the room with shaded sconces, a gray polished quartz, chrome hardware and balanced it with a wood tile laid herringbone, a jute runner, and marble, rock shower floor.
This mudroom isn’t the biggest one we’ve ever designed but we definitely used it wisely by taking the cubbies to the 10′ ceilings for ample storage. We brought the outside in by painting the wainscot lockers Jogging Path by SW—like the shutters and garage doors.
- Exterior: Swiss Coffee by BM
- Shutters + Garage Doors: Jogging Path by SW
- Front Door: Aged Oak by Minwax
- Wall Color: Alabaster by SW
- Trim Color: Extra White by SW
- Living Room Built-ins: Extra White by SW
- Lockers: Jogging Path by SW
- Living Room Beams: Stain matched to Denali White Oak Driftwood
- Island: Stain matched to Denali White Oak Driftwood
- Kitchen: Misterio by Vicostone
- Master Bath: Ice Lake by Vicostone
- Fireplace: Custom blend (Call Centurion Stone of Iowa for more information)
- Kitchen: Alpine White, Echelon
- Island: Denali White Oak Driftwood, CFK Signature
- Master Bath: Alpine White, Echelon
Flooring & Tile:
- Wood Flooring: Santa Fe Collection, Color: French Oak Aspen
- Master Bath Floor: Florstar, Kodiak Sand
- Kitchen Backsplash: InterCeramic, 3×6 Subway tile