We’ve officially relaunched the blog. Yep, after only 6 or so blog posts we were getting tons of comments and feedback from our readers saying they weren’t able to find the answers they were looking for. We’ve simplified the design by really minimizing text and highlighting the important parts: Photos, products and the nitty gritty design details—find those at the very bottom of each post.
Back to this post. We are finally getting around to showing off this house we finished and photographed nearly a year ago! It’s crazy how fast time goes. The 33rd Street Project embodies a classic, modern European design with tonal vibes and earthy colors throughout.
This was one of the first houses we did last year that we really fell in love with white oak. We wanted to keep the color scheme through the entire home pretty easy on the eyes with earthy tones and textures like the brick backsplash and stucco hod vent. Peep those arch pantry doors. Aren’t they gorgeous?
The Living Room
For the living space we opted for narrower, custom built-ins to really help the angled fireplace be the focal point of the design. And of course a beautiful chandelier and white oak beams really add to much to a space.
The Master Bathroom
We continued the white oak into the master bathroom, but dressed it up with pops of brass in the light, mirrors and cabinet hardware.
We have a little bit of an obsession with herringbone brick in a mudroom space. We love the pattern and texture it provides! With the mudroom just off the kitchen we decided to add a soft pop of color to brighten up the space.
Jack and Jill Bath
For the kid’s bath we wanted to have a little fun with color. We picked this soft, playful Pigeon color by Farrow and Ball but then tailored it a bit with the more-formal, shaded, black vanity lights and antique brass hardware. It’s definitely a space for the kids to grow in.
- Wall Color: Alabaster by SW
- Trim Color: Extra White by SW
- Laundry Lockers: Pigeon by Farrow & Ball
- Jack and Jill Bathroom Cabinet: Pigeon by Farrow & Ball
- Fireplace + Mantel: Stucco color-matched to Alabaster by SW
- Hood Vent: Stucco color-matched to Alabaster by SW
- Living Room Beams: Custom White Wash
- Kitchen: Misterio by Vicostone
- Master Bath: Misterio by Vicostone
- Jack and Jill Bath: Misterio by Vicostone
- Kitchen Uppers: CKF Signature, Color: Linen
- Kitchen Lowers & Island: CKF Signature, Color: Sand
- Master Bath: CKF Signature, Color: Sand