We’re back and excited to share another project and all of it’s details. Meet: The Cypress Project. We wrapped up this project over a year ago and like all of our projects, we’re just getting around to sharing it. Our team definitely could use more hours in the day. We get loads of questions on this project, so we hope this post helps answer most of them. Also, huge shoutout to our photographer Lauren for shooting this house just one week after having a baby!
The office isn’t you’re traditional office located off the front entry. It’s actually back behind the kitchen, off the mudroom area. We designed this floor plan that way to utilize the gorgeous pond view through those three big Pella windows. We wanted to make a big statement with the window bench and full enclosure built-ins in the paint color Downpipe by Farrow and Ball.
The Powder Bath and Mudroom
Next to the office is the powder room and mudroom. For the mudroom we had quite a bit of space to work with so we went with tall lockers with doors to hide the clutter and a granite bench top for extra durability. The locker paint is Intellectual Gray by Sherwin Williams. The powder room includes full shiplap walls, cement tile, a white oak vanity and small farm sink. When the door is open you can see the powder room through a long hallway from the other side of the house so we wanted to make it as pretty as possible.
The Kitchen & Pantry
This kitchen was super fun for our team to create. The was a spec home so our team had full-say of the design. We wanted to create a space that felt organic and paid homage to a European farmhouse aesthetic. It’s a relatively large space so we wanted to add in as much character as possible. Some of our favorite details include the white oak hood vent, barn wood beams, shiplap ceiling, 2.5” mitered island, full-quartz splash behind the range, and of course the pop of color into the pantry. The pantry is fully built-in with a quartz appliance counter, slate floor, and a window overlooking the pond. Pantry paint color: Intellectual Gray by Sherwin Williams.
The Living Room
The living room has soaring 20’ ceilings, 8’ windows and a custom-iron catwalk. We took the stone all of the way to the ceiling to highlight the ceiling height and finished with clean-slate white cabinets. The stone we used is called Fond du Lac Country with a custom white grout.
The Master Bathroom
Welcome to the master bath—a space where we mixed modern with traditional in the best way. The tailored sconces complement the clean lines of black, custom-wrapped mirrors, while the white oak vanities brought warmth into the space. The ceramic floor tile is a great option when you want pattern but don’t have the budget for true cement tile. The tile is called Union Square in the pattern Fisher.
The En Suite Bathroom
The first bedroom when you reach the second story is home to this pretty en-suite bath. The board and batten chair rail provided the perfect spot to place brass towel hooks that really popped on the subtle color—painted Pigeon by Farrow and Ball.
The Jack-and-Jill Bathroom
We wanted this Jack-and-Jill to be bright and airy, so we kept with white vanities and added in texture with a shiplap wall behind the mirrors. We saved in this space by going with chrome fixtures and hardware and added a marble-inspired quartz countertop for subtle contrast against the light-colored tile, cabinet, and trim.
We get so many questions about this Euro-inspired farmhouse, and more specifically about what stone was used. This is Fond du lac Country with a wider, white grout. Oversized, black Pella windows and 8′ front door gave this exterior the modern touch it needed. This house was shot in the winter last year so we plan to share new exterior photos soon.
Paint & Stain:
- Wall Color: Classic Gray by Benjamin Moore
- Trim Color: Extra White by Sherwin Williams
- Kitchen Beams:
- Hood Vent: Custom White Wash Stain
- Kitchen Island: Sand Cabinet Stain Match
- Front Door Interior: Tricorn Black by Sherwin Williams
- Front Porch Wainscoting: Intellectual Gray by Sherwin Williams
- Entry Wainscoting: Extra White by Sherwin Williams
- Half Bath Vertical Shiplap Wall: Extra White by Sherwin Williams
- Lockers: Intellectual Gray by Sherwin Williams
- Pantry: Intellectual Gray by Sherwin Williams
- Pantry Door and Transom: Tricorn Black by Sherwin Williams
- Pantry Floating Shelves: Intellectual Gray by Sherwin Williams
- Office Built-Ins: Down Pipe by Farrow and Ball
- Master Bath Shiplap: Extra White by Sherwin Williams
- Master Bath French Doors: Extra White by Sherwin Williams
- En Suite Bath Board and Batten Wall: Pigeon by Farrow and Ball
- J and Jill Shiplap: Extra White by Sherwin Williams
- Kitchen Perimeter & Hood Vent Backsplash: Misterio by Vicostone
- Kitchen Island: Honed Concerto by Vicostone
- Master Bath: Honed Concerto by Vicostone
- Half Bath: Misterio by Vicostone
- Jack and Jill Bath: Eclipse by Vicostone
- En Suite Bath: Honed Concerto by Vicostone
- Pantry: Misterio by Vicostone
- Kitchen Island: CKF, Color: Sand
- Kitchen Perimeter: CKF, Color: Alpine White
- Jack and Jill Bath: CKF, Color: Alpine White
- Master Bath: CKF, CKF, Color: Sand
- En Suite Bath: CKF, Color: Alpine White
- Jack and Jill Bath: CKF, Color: Alpine White
Flooring & Tile:
- Wood Flooring: Hallmark, Ventura Collection, Color: Seashell
- Carpet: Cape Cod, Color: Parchment
- Stair/Carpet Runner: Tuftex, Only Natrual II, Color: Skylight
- Half Bath Floor: Cement Tile Shop, Pattern: Preston
- Jack and Jill Bath Floor: Kate-Lo Carrara, 12×24, Glossy Finish
- En Suite Bath Floor: Union 12×24, Color: Graphite
- En Suite Shower Walls: 3×6 Subway Tile, Ultra Bright White
- En Suite Shower Floor: Marble Penny Tile
- Master Bath Floor: Interceramic, Union Square, Fisher Pattern
- Master Shower Walls: 4×12 Subway Tile, Ultra Bright White
- Master Shower Floor: White Penny Rounds, Glossy
- Master Shower Bench: Misterio Quartz by Vicostone
- Kitchen & Pantry Backsplash: 3×6 Subway Tile, Ultra Bright White
- Hood Vent Backsplash: Misterio Quartz by Vicostone
- Pantry Floor: Home Depot Slate Tile
- Fireplace & Exterior: Fond Du Lac Country with Custom White Grout