We’re still dreaming about one of our favorite designs to date—The Daybreak Project. This home combined our team’s love for European design, moody details and a neutral color palette. Muted, yet unexpected pops of paint and rustic woodwork gave this project distinct character and personality.
The Living Room
While open-concept living areas may be a modern design choice, earthy touches like the cast-stone fireplace and 100-year-old barn wood combines to create a room with elevated, old-world charm. To lean into the moody aesthetic, we chose black Pella windows and matched them with black built-in’s framing the fireplace. These built-ins were the perfect backdrop for displaying decorative objects that felt found, antique and intentional.
We’ll always have a soft spot for these gorgeous taupe cabinets. From the beginning of the design process, we knew the cabinets would be focal point of the kitchen and cast an overall earthy aesthetic. To really help them shine, we kept the counters and backsplash clean and simple. Little pops of brass hardware were just the right amount of warmth and the squared, stucco hood vent provided a modern yet natural central point. This project was all about finding the balance between old and new. In this pretty corner of the home, we think we did just that.
We carried a favorite neutral hue into the mudroom with Revere Pewter by Benjamin Moore. This main hallway connects the laundry, mudroom, half bath and pantry so we wanted a more durable material. We brick-laid slate tiles to create equal parts European flair and function. Baskets added purpose and dimension with their warm, natural texture. Peep that wallpaper in the half bath!
The walls were anything but boring in these bathrooms! We chose a fun McGee and Co. wallpaper for the powder bath, a taupe-y green shiplap accent wall in the Jack and Jill and this stunning stone wall in the master. More brass accents, detailed woodwork and neutral color schemes made each bathroom feel individual and unique while also keeping them clean and cohesive.
- Interior Walls: Alabaster by Sherwin Williams
- Interior Trim: Alabaster by Sherwin Williams
- Barn Wood Beams: Raw, no stain
- Lockers: Revere Pewter by Benjamin Moore
- JJ Shiplap Bath Wall: Jogging Path by Sherwin Williams
- Misterio by Vicostone
- Eclipse by Vicostone
- Kitchen Perimeter: CKF 360 in the custom color Light Gray by Farrow and Ball
- Kitchen Island: CKF 360 in the color Sand
- Living Room Built-Ins: Tricorn Black by Sherwin Williams
- Master Bathroom: CKF 360 in the custom color Natural Cream by Benjamin Moore
- Wood Floor: Bella Cera Monet Collection, Color: Camille
- Master Bathroom Tile: 12×24 Florstar Union, Color: Graphite
- Mudroom Floor: Hampshire 4×12 Gauged Slate Tile
- Cast-Stone Fireplace: Stone Mountain Castings
- Master Bathroom Stone Wall: Fond Du Lac Webwall with white grout