An oldie but a goodie, this charming house from a few years back is home to one of our most-loved basement bar designs. This homeowner wanted to keep things light and bright, but still have a space that felt warm, inviting, and lived in. By mixing different wood tones and playing up textures we were able to create well-loved home for our client.
The Living Room
When a client wants all-white everything, we hesitate because we don’t want it to fall flat or feel boring. We paired these custom built-ins with a painted brick fireplace to help add texture and opted for a barn wood mantel and beams to bring warmth into the space. Even though we kept the color palette in this room fairly neutral, it was all the details—like the brick-laid herringbone hearth, beaded chandelier, and simple wainscoting—that made this living room pop.
It’s no surprise that this full-stained bar gets so much love every time we share it. The Driftwood stain color from CKF has a subtle grey undertone that went perfectly with the textured tile backsplash. We kept countertops clean and simple so the rich wood could be the focus. The custom wine cubbies and floating shelves gave the homeowner plenty of storage space and made the perfect backdrop for any future entertaining.
The Master Bath
We love a freestanding bathtub, so when this client said they wanted something skirted yet simple, we were all on bored—insert the Signature Hardware Odenwald tub! Keeping with the light and airy trend throughout the house, we opted for white porcelain tile with subtle veining and a glossy finish to elevate the space. The homeowner also wanted to add a fun trim detail so we custom built a wainscot wall with a ledge top to house candles, bath salts, a glass of wine—all the bath time essentials.
- Interior Walls: Classic Gray by Benjamin Moore
- Interior Trim: Extra White by Sherwin Williams
- Barn Wood Beams and Mantel: Raw, no stain
- Bar Floating Shelves: Stain matched
- Misterio by Vicostone
- Living Room Built-ins: CKF Echelon in color Alpine
- Bar Cabinets: CKF Signature in color Driftwood
- Wood Floor: Hallmark Ventura, Color: Marina
- Bar Tile: 12×24 Florstar Union, Color: Ice
- Master Bathroom Tile: 12×24 Happy Floors Sublime, Glossy
- Fireplace: Centurion Stone, Brick Veneer, Painted
- Bar backsplash : Stone Mountain Castings