With layers of taupes, brass, blues and blacks, the Westgate Project’s color palette will always be one of our favorites. Add in a mix of organic elements like reclaimed wood, rough-cut stone, tumbled tile and polished metals, and you have a home that feels both elevated and inviting.
The Living Room
Like a good pair of blue jeans, we’re convinced the timeless hue of our built-ins goes with just about anything. For this project, we chose to play it up with warm accents like cognac leather, antiqued gold, eclectic book collections and moody artwork. The beadboard backing, time-worn beams and salvaged barn wood mantle let the built-ins be the focal point while adding an extra level of character and detail.
If this kitchen looks familiar, it might be because you saw it go viral on Instagram, or shared to Emily Henderson’s Top 10 Pins of 2020. With it’s gorgeous taupe cabinets and cheery pops of bright brass, Emily said it best; it just “feels good to look at”.
The Master Bath
We made the master bathroom it’s own moment by opting for stained oak cabinets instead of a painted finish. The dark brown stain was just the right amount of warmth needed to balance the cool marble tiles.
The Jack & Jill Bath
We doubled down on taupe cabinets in the shared bath, this time accentuating them with black mirrors, lighting and hardware. The herringbone brick pavers provide an unexpected yet welcoming design element.
Paint & Stain:
- Wall Color: Alabaster by Sherwin Williams
- Trim Color: Alabaster by Sherwin Williams
- Built Ins: Downpipe by Farrow and Ball
- Kitchen: Eclipse
- Master Bath: Misterio
- Jack and Jill Bath: Misterio
- Kitchen Uppers: Marquis Cabinets Classic, Ivory
- Kitchen Lowers: Marquis Cabinets Classic, Taupe
- Master Bath: Marquis Cabinets Harmony, Red Oak Frontier
- Jack and Jill Bath: Marquis Cabinets Classic, Taupe
Flooring & Tile:
- Wood Flooring: The Silvian Collection, Laakso—Valley
- Carpet: Cape Cod, Color: Parchment
- Jack and Jill Bath Floor:
- Master Bath Floor: Hapopy floors, Sublime,12×24, Glossy, Grout: Silverado
- Master Shower Walls: Hapopy floors, Sublime,12×24, Glossy, Grout: Silverado
- Kitchen Backsplash: Kate lo, Tr3nd, Color: Pure White, 2×10, Grout: Bright White