California dreamin’ would be an understatement when it comes to this home—so many beautiful, SoCal-inspired vibes in this central Iowa spec home! Scroll through fun pattern tiles, copper accents, fun pops of color and warm textures that made our modern California design come to life.
The Living Room
Just like SoCal, this living room is effortlessly cool—clean, white oak floating shelves accompany sleek black railings while the tailored chandelier anchors the space. Shop some of our favorite styling pieces from this home below!
Gorgeous off-white pendants, a white shiplap island, white cabinets, and a white hood vent define the monochromatic palette throughout this kitchen. The marble backsplash breaks up the neutral color palette ever so slightly, while the black pulls and jute runner add a modern warmth to this beach-inspired home.
This master bath packs a serious design punch. First up, the tub! We’ve been dying to incorporate more copper accents into our designs and this was a must-have from the moment we saw it. We love the statement it makes in the black and white space. Plus, the complimentary brass and capiz pendant really helps ups the cool factor. The art on the wall may say “Pray for Surf” but we’re good right where we are if it means spending all of our time in this master bath.
The Kids Bath
Mixed metals and bright, blue cement tile give this kids bath lots of colorful character. Who said small spaces can’t make a huge impact?
Stepping into the entry immediately sets the tone for this SoCal-inspired design. We love how the textured pendant adds warmth and the print pops against the bright, white, vertical shiplap. Also, how pretty is this white oak entry table we had custom built?
The Half Bath
The half bath features an incredible accent wall – half penny tile, half vertical shiplap. This combo is seriously one of our favorite little moments in the house. Did you notice the star on that sconce? It’s all in the details.
The Mud Room
Arguably the highest trafficked room in the house, the mudroom can make or break a home. And this one was very visual from the living and kitchen spaces. We made sure it was just as impactful as every other room by painting floor to ceiling and tying in the bench to the kitchen quartz. We love when we can marry function and design so seamlessly.
- Interior Walls: Alabaster by Sherwin Williams
- Interior Trim: Extra White by Sherwin Williams
- Mud Room: Downpipe by Farrow & Ball
- Master Bath Barn Door: Downpipe by Farrow & Ball
- Built-in-Shelves: White Wash White Oak
- Shiplap: Extra White by Sherwin Williams
- Super White
- Super White Quartz Bench Top in Mud Room
Flooring + Tile:
- Wood Floor: Santa Fe Collection, Color: French Oak Aspen
- Master Bathroom Tile: 12×24 Florstar Union, Color: Graphite
- Mudroom Floor: 12×24 Florstar Union, Color: Ice
- Kitchen Backsplash: 3×6 Marble Subway Tile
- Master Bath Shower Walls: 4×4 Ultra-Bright White Square Tile
- Master Bath Floor: Ivy Hill Bowery 24″x24″ Porcelain
- Master Bath Shower Floor: White Penny Rounds
- Powder Bath Floor: Florstar Union 12×24 , Color: Graphite
- Kids Bath Floor: Menara 8″ x 9″ Patterned Tile
- Eldorado’s Ashland Tundra (Heavy over grout)